Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Herbs, food, and things pt 2

I'm sure you spent the last few hours incessantly refreshing the blog for the conclusion to the riveting Herbs Food and Things cliffhanger. Well Reader, thanks to boredom and chronic insomnia you're prayers have been answered. Take a deep breath and feast your eyes on the foraged delectables below.




Dandelion lead tincture
Dandelion root vinegar
Bitter greens grilled cheese (dandelion and bittersweet)




Herb infused honey
Thyme
Thyme and rosemary
Lavender
Saffron and cardamom
Rosemary
Lemon and ginger




Batter-fried dandelion blossoms




Spruce beer (alcoholic...tasty) and Spruce beer (soda...completely undrinkable)




Fresh picked nettle
Nettle tincture
Dried nettle (tea)
Handmade nettle and a reverse pesto (cream reduction w/sundried tomatoes, toasted pine nuts, garlic, and nutmeg)

Ahhh so that pretty much covers my social life for the past three months. I want to keep a record of the awesome shit I create, so when I'm having a loser moment I can have visual proof of some of the amazing things I create, and remind myself that I'm pretty darn great.

Random thoughts:
I wish I had a eccentric adventurous companion who'd be willing to take a road trip to the nudist camp in VT. Points if said companion's hot.

Beautiful Creatures is a terrible movie. No, Twilight is a terrible movie. Beautiful creatures is abysmal. The fact that it boasts four Oscar winners is mind-boggling.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment